Nintendo Wii Fit

Nintendo got the couch potatoes up and moving with their Nintendo Wii – a gaming device that actually makes you move your whole body rather than just your fingers. Now they have introduced a new game that may start all of those ex-couch potatoes on their way to physical fitness.

Bare feet only on the Wii Fit!!
Bare feet only on the Wii Fit!!

The Wii Fit is a package that works with the Nintendo Wii and a television. The main component of the WII Fit is the Wii Balance Board, a sturdy platform that senses weight as well movements and shifts in balance. It connects wirelessly to the Wii, so there are no wires to trip on.

Before you begin you must synchronize the balance board with the Wii gaming console. The instruction booklet gives step-by-step instructions. Although it is not difficult, you must follow the instructions completely. If you miss one of the steps, as I did the first time around, you will be performing the synch again from the beginning.

Once you finish the synch, take your shoes and socks off, because the Balance Board works best with bare feet. Then follow the screen instructions. Working with the Wii wireless remote, you will answer on-screen questions and get ready for your first encounter with the Wii Fit program.

Wii Fit assesses your physical fitness by your BMI (Body Mass Index. It then gives you the results. If you are overweight, or obese it will gently prompts you to tell it how much weight you plan to lose and how long you want to take to lose it. As you work, the Wii Fit program tracks your progress and encourages you to get you motivated. The more you exercise, the more points you earn. You can use those points to unlock new games so you won’t get bored with the process.

There are 40 different activities in areas like yoga, aerobics, strength training and balance. I found them to be more entertaining than I thought they would be. Watching yourself jog on the screen as you jog in place is more fun than it sounds. You can also twirl hula hoops, go snowboarding, and work out with the helpful virtual trainers.

I found the Wii Fit program to sometimes be amazing. One example of this was in the first balance exercise that I tried, Upon completion, the program gave me my score and said, “I see you are having a little trouble with your sense of balance. Do you trip a lot when you walk?” This is actually uncannily accurate. My husband always teases me about how often I trip when walking!

The Wii Fit is well-thought out. It’s not too high, so you don’t worry about “falling” off. It’s wireless, so you can place it wherever you like in the room. Several different people can use it and it will track the progress of each. You can even password protect your profile so you can keep your weight and goals private.

The Wii Fit puts a little fun into exercising. Only time will tell if it can really be considered a good fitness tool. I’ll keep you posted and in the mean time, my Wii and I wii’ll keep on moving!!

See more games reviews and more fun articles in the Compu-KISS Game area.

22 Comments

Nintendo Wifi 13-06-2008, 04:37

I found your site on faves.com bookmarking site.. I like it ..gave it a fave for you..ill be checking back later

Nintendo Wifi Com 21-06-2008, 17:22

Top of the morning to you! Wow what a fantastic article about Nintendo Wifi Com! Your keen insight into Nintendo Wifi Com is informative and creative. I look forward to reading other articles you have. Thanks.

Martial Fitness Arts 20-08-2008, 05:55

Can I ask though – how did you get this picked up and into google news?

Very impressive that this blog is syndicated through Google and is it something that is just up to Google or you actively created?

Obviously this is a popular blog with great data so well done on your seo success..

Weight training greats you should write about next, my ex was a Weight training champ!

Wii Fit Accessories 02-09-2008, 08:57

It would be great if they actually made the wii fit board height adjustable.

Found The Problem 23-11-2008, 10:03

Your “big” toes are freakishly short! That is what is causing your problems with balance and tripping.

New York City Personal Trainers 04-12-2008, 23:02

I think that the Wii Fit is nothing short of amazing in an area of entertainment where hand-and-eye coordination are king. This is not an easy “game” to get good at. The step-aerobics alone got me winded the 1st time I tried it within a matter of 20 minutes even though optimum was a mere 10 minutes away. It also takes into account your weight and balance in it which I found uncanny. I’m sure that this one game will start a whole exercise craze within console systems. I even read that Jullian Micheals is going to make a game using the Wii Board to create a series of boot camp workouts that emphasize weight loss and strength training. Before I purchase that, I’d really like to get good @ the Wii Fit exercises. Has anyone out there gotten past all of the exercises? If so, which ones were the hardest? I’d like to know so I can concentrate on being optimum on those first before going to the easier ones. Thanks.

Wii Gamer 13-01-2009, 07:15

Very nice Game. I like it.

Ashley 05-03-2009, 19:25

wow. that is alot of information. I dont even know if I could do all that. And thank you so much for lettming me in on all the info.

Free Gadget 22-08-2009, 07:35

Love this, great blog, thanks.

Penny L. 30-08-2009, 16:59

Anyone where I can start my own blog.

Sulhas 09-10-2009, 13:01

The universal rate of succeeder of these weight loss broadcasts which are constantly competing with every other is more or less the comparable. And the most funny part is that these programs all choke at the one vault in cattiness of making really tall demands. This encounters because the body gets accustomed to the hardness through which it is order and conforms itself to the new routine and the metabolic process slows down. You have to be quicker than nature to be able to illusion the body into mislaying weight. Without consecutive this step then you will always admiration why you cannot fall back weightiness.

Zetta Mandarino 21-12-2009, 01:36

I’ve never read about this before. Where did you should happen to find all this information if you don’t mind me asking?

Tone Up 06-02-2010, 07:51

Great blog, excellent and well written information. I know how hard blogs can be to get a following. I have been writing about the great results using resveratrol.

Renaldo Pliner 10-02-2010, 08:38

You know that was a captivatinggood post. I think I’ll write a blog post and link to it.

Nintendo Wii Console 23-04-2010, 13:46

You hit the nail on the head about the Wii Fit as it makes losing weight and getting healthy fun, unlike having to go to the gym!!

wii myong 16-06-2010, 18:57

Im actually very eager to add this to my basement redo shopping list. Id like to hook it up to my 60inch LG LCD TV so that I can enjoy tv shows through it. I’ve got all the wii accessories so it’s got to be the bomb. You might as well pick up an extra Motion Plus Controller and Nunchuck when you purchase it so 2 players can play from the start. But is there anything special about the totally new black model, or is it just the color scheme?

Reyes Bruning 16-07-2010, 08:26

I’m really excited about getting my Wii Fit!

Amanda G. 16-07-2010, 11:28

Wow you’ve truly an amazing site and also this post is great. Possibly you are looking at the brand new EA Sports Active 2 Wii console video game, We’ve the web page and i am looking for buddies. I love the new nintendo wii console video games coming out this holiday season and i think the newest ea sports active video game is definitely the right one. We previously pre ordered this, cannot wait to give it a shot.

Melatonin Dosage  14-10-2010, 02:17

i use Wii Fit a lot, this gadget is really great’,~

Condenser Dryer  20-10-2010, 13:31

wii accessories can be expensive if you want to get a complete set”:*

Fire Grate  20-10-2010, 13:42

my sister bought one WII Fit and i also use it. it is a great gadget,`~

Gerry Kozub 10-03-2011, 10:30

The above approaches will surely get the job done if the PS3 is only overheat. This is definitely a single of the remedies to the dilemma of how to resolve PS3 Yellow Light of Death. If the above method does not perform, one of your alternatives will be taking the console to Sony to have it fixed. Nevertheless, you might need to have to spend up to $150 in buy to fix the difficulty if the warranty time period has ended. You may also want to wait for some thing like a month before you can get the console back again.
Learn more PS3 suggestions